Welcome to Healing Tai Chi!
…the award-winning blog of seated Tai Chi and Qigong exercises to balance mind, body and spirit for people of all ages and levels of fitness.
(sponsored by the Exercise Equipment Super Store and the Healing Tai Chi Store)
“The Tao of heaven
Benefits and does not harm
The Tao of sages
Assists and does not contend.”
The acupressure point we will be using in this exercise is a familiar one to all of us. We have used this effective point several times in past posts. I use this point in my classes throughout the year for the relief of headaches and to stimulate the immune system.
Joining the Valley (LI 4):
- Begin as usual sitting comfortably with your back supported by the back of the chair, feet flat on the floor shoulder-width apart.
- Breath slowly and thoughtfully6 times in and out through your nose.
- Locate the acupressure point on your own hand as shown on the illustration below from Michael Reed Gach’s book, Acupressure’s Potent Points.
- Squeeze the webbing directly behind your thumb firmly between the thumb and index finger of your other hand.
- Continue the pressure this point for 30 to 60 seconds and then change hands and repeat in the webbing of your other hand.
- You may use this effective point any time during the day to relieve sinus pain and hay fever.
Don’t forget to drink water at the end of your exercise session or any time you begin to feel thirsty. A Word of Caution…If you have or have had problems with your kidneys, please consult your physician.
Sign up for instant delivery of each new blog post to your email inbox by typing in your email address in the upper corner of the right hand column.
This week’s featured item from the Healing Tai Chi Store:
Videos to watch, pictures to color and lessons in ballet movements are available for children at Millicent’s blog: http://millicentmouse.wordpress.com
Outsmart Your Allergies: http://www.prevention.com/summerallergens/list/6.shtml
Home Remedies for Allergies: http://www.all4naturalhealth.com/home-remedies-for-allergies.html
Learn ancient health secrets to reduce stress. Download your copy of T’ai Chi in a Chair ebook now available for your Kindle, http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0051U9N4S, your Nook, http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/tai-chi-in-a-chair-cynthia-quarta/1031408662?ean=2940012924278&itm=1&usri=tai%2bchi%2bin%2ba%2bchair, or your PC, http://www.scribd.com/doc/55904253/Tai-Chi-in-a-Chair
The exercises in this blog are intended for educational purposes only. Always consult with your health care provider before beginning a new exercise program.