Welcome to Healing T’ai Chi
“Tao produces one
One produces two
Two produce three
Three produce myriad things
Myriad things, backed by yin and embracing yang
Achieve harmony by integrating their energy
What the people dislike
Are alone, bereft, and unworthy
But the rulers call themselves with these terms.”
This week’s exercise stretches the thigh muscles and ankle muscles and tendons. Be sure not to lock your knee when you stretch your leg out to the side. Always stretch carefully and gently while breathing slowly and thoughtfully.
- Sit forward slightly on your chair so that you can stretch each leg out to the side comfortably. Take a few slow breaths in and out through your nose before you begin.
- Breathe out as you stretch your right leg out to the side keeping your foot flat on the floor so that the outside of your ankle is stretched.
- Breathe in as you return your leg back to the center. Repeat 6 to 12 times.
- Stretch out your left leg and repeat steps 2 and 3 for the same number of times as above.
- When you complete both the exercise with both legs, sit for a couple minutes and breathe in and out through your nose relaxing all yoru muscles.
(illustration from Michael Reed Gach’s book, Acupressure’s Potent Points)
- You can find the acupressure point Elegant Mansion (K 27) just below the protrusion of the collarbone directly to the side of the breastbone.
- Press firmly on these points with your middle fingers for 3 to 5 minutes as you breathe in and out slowly through your nose.
Benefits: This point will strengthen the immune system, relieve chest congestion, asthma, coughing and other breathing difficulties.
Don’t forget to drink water at the end of your exercise session or any time you begin to feel thirsty. A Word of Caution…If you have or have had problems with your kidneys, please consult your physician.
Sign up for instant delivery of each new blog post to your email inbox by filling out the form at the top right hand column.
Keep the kids in your house busy at Millicent’s blog: http://millicentmouse.wordpress.com
This week’s featured product from the Healing Tai chi store:
Learn about aromatherapy: http://www.all4naturalhealth.com/aromatherapy-research.html
More exercises to relieve back pain: http://www.prevention.com/health/health/natural-remedies/exercise-for-back-pain/article/89416d14a3731210VgnVCM10000013281eac____
Seated exercise video:
Click on the links below for sites that feature products for your fitness program or informative blogs to help you live a healthier life.
Find great deals on Tai Chi, Martial Arts, Yoga, Pilates and Feng Shui products at http://healingtaichi.com
Find brand name products for home exercise equipment at Exercise Equipment Super Store.
~The exercises in this blog are intended for educational purposes only. Always consult with your health care provider before beginning a new exercise program.~