Welcome to Healing Tai Chi!
…the award-winning blog of seated Tai Chi (Taiji) and Qigong exercises to manage stress and balance mind, body and spirit for people of all ages and levels of fitness.
Please visit our website for books in print and ebooks of seated exercises and the history of ballet for young dancers.
Your FREE weekly exercise:
Ethmoid sinus rub:
- Sit as usual in a comfortable chair with your feet flat on the floor and your back fully supported by the back of your chair.
- Breathe in and out through your nose for 6 to 12 slow, thoughtful breaths.
- Using your index fingers rub firmly along the sides of your nose in a circle upward toward the top of your nose. the illustration below shows the location of the ethmoid sinuses.
- Continue pressing and circling your fingers for a few seconds.
Facial Beauty (St 3):
Take a look at the illustration below to locate the acupressure point labeled St 3.
- You can find this point below your cheekbone directly below the pupils of your eyes.
- Press firmly on these two point for no less than a full minute while breathing slowly in and out through your nose and concentrating on sending your energy to these two acupressure points.
- You can use these acupressure points any time during the day when your sinuses feel particularly stuffed up.
Benefits: This acupressure point will relieve head congestion, burning eyes, a stuffy nose and eye strain.
If you would like to subscribe to this blog, please fill out the form at the top of the right-hand column. You will receive each new post when it is published.