Welcome to Healing Tai Chi!
…the award-winning blog of seated Taiji and Qigong exercises to manage stress and balance mind, body and spirit for people of all ages and levels of fitness.
~Please check out our re-designed Healing Tai Chi Store for books on seated exercise and the history of dance for young dancers~
This week’s FREE exercise and acupressure point:
- Begin as usual sitting in a comfortable chair, feet flat on the floor, back fully supported by the back of your chair.
- Breathe in and out through your nose slowly and meditatively for 6 to 12 breaths.
- Breathe naturally while you circle your index fingers in the area between your eyebrows for at least 12 circles.
- Then slide your index fingers over the top of your eyebrows to the outside of your eyes. Circle your fingers at the outside edge of your eyebrows upward and outward for the same number of times you circled your fingers between your eyebrows.
- Return your fingers to the area between your eyebrows and repeat for at least 6 times.
- Relax and repeat step #2 to complete the exercise.
Welcoming Perfume (LI 20):
- Welcoming Perfume is located at the side of each nostril as shown in the illustration above from Michael Reed Gach’s book, Acupressure’s Potent Point.
- Press firmly on both of these points with your index or middle fingers for no less than a full minute while you breathe in and out slowly through your nose.
- You may use these acupressure points any time you feel congested.
Benefits: This acupressure point will help to relieve the pressure and pain of sinusitis and swelling of the face.
If you would like to subscribe to this blog, please fill out the form at the top of the right-hand column. You will receive each new post when it is published.
Weekly health article:
Weekly exercise video (please click on the link below):
This blog is intended for educational purposes only. Please consult with your health care provider before beginning a new exercise program.