We wish you and yours a very happy
and prosperous New Year!
Below are a couple acupressure points that will help to relieve the discomforts of overindulging during the holidays.
Wind Mansion (GV 16):
- Place your hands with fingers alongside your head with thumbs pressing on the two points as shown in the photo above from Michael Reed Gach’s book, Acupressure’s Potent Points.
- Press firmly on these two points for a full minute while breathing slowly in and out through your nose concentrating on the movement of breath going into and out of your lungs.
- Repeat as often as necessary to relieve hangovers, headaches, congestion and vertigo.
Inner Gate (P 6):
- This acupressure point is located on the inside of the wrist about 2 1/2 half finger widths below the wrist crease as shown above in the illustration from Michael Reed Gach’s book, Acupressure’s Potent Points.
- Press firmly on this point with the thumb of your other hand for at least a full minute while breathing slowly in and out through your nose.
- You may use this point as often as you wish throughout the day to relieve nausea, indigestion and stomachaches.
This blog is intended for educational purposes only. Please consult with your health care provider before beginning a new exercise program.