Welcome to Healing T’ai Chi!
…the award-winning blog of seated Tai Chi and Qigong exercises to balance mind, body and spirit for people of all ages and levels of fitness.
“Sages do not accumulate
The more they assist others, the more they possess
The more they give to others, the more they gain.”
The breathing exercise this week is effective in relieving hay fever and sinus problems that afflict so many of us at this time of the year. the acupressure points and illustration are taken from Michael reed Gach’s wonderful book, Acupressure’s Potent Points. Remember it is best to use these points and breathing exercises in a quiet place seated in a comfortable chair for the best results.
GV 20 and GV 26:
- Begin sitting as usual with your feet shoulder-width apart and flat on the floor. Sit comfortably in your chair so that your back is fully supported by the back of your chair, allowing for the natural curve in your spine.
- Breathe in slowly and thoughtfully through your nose without strain. Breathe out through your nose until you must take another breath. Continue to breathe in and out for a total of 6 times.
- Now, locate the acupressure points on the top of the head at GV20 and on a point midway between your upper lip and nose (GV26) as shown on the illustration below:
4. Press firmly on these 2 points at the same time for a full minute.
5. As you hold your fingers on these points, continue breathing in and out through your nose slowly.
6. You may use these points as often during the day as necessary.
Don’t forget to drink water at the end of your exercise session or any time you begin to feel thirsty. A Word of Caution…If you have or have had problems with your kidneys, please consult your physician.
Sign up for instant delivery of each new blog post to your email inbox by typing in your email address in the upper corner of the right hand column.
This week’s featured item from the Healing Tai Chi store: http://www.healingtaichi.com/52-3760931-B0052YK8RO-Spoonk_Acupressure_Massage_Mat_from_Cotton_Eco_foam_made_in_USA_for_Stress_and_Pain_Relief.html
Shoes for back pain relief: http://www.all4naturalhealth.com/shoes-for-back-pain.html
Learn ancient health secrets to reduce stress. Download your copy of T’ai Chi in a Chair ebook now available for your Kindle, http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0051U9N4S, your Nook, http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/tai-chi-in-a-chair-cynthia-quarta/1031408662?ean=2940012924278&itm=1&usri=tai%2bchi%2bin%2ba%2bchair, or your PC, http://www.scribd.com/doc/55904253/Tai-Chi-in-a-Chair
The exercises in this blog are intended for educational purposes only. Always consult with your health care provider before beginning a new exercise program.