Welcome to Healing T’ai Chi
…the award-winning blog of seated Tai Chi and Qigong exercises to balance mind, body and spirit for people of all ages and levels of fitness.
“Therefore the sage says:
I take unattached action, and the people transform themselves
I prefer quiet, and the people right themselves
I do not interfere, and the people enrich themselves
I have no desires, and the people simplify themselves.”
In this exercise, we will be turning our heads to the side and then tilting upward to look toward the corner where the ceiling and the wall meet. Move slowly so you don’t injure your neck. If you feel any resistance, stop and return your head to the center forward-facing position.
Head tilts to the side and up:
- Begin as usual sitting straight with your feet flat on the floor, shoulder-width apart. Breathe slowly and thoughtfully in and out through your nose 6 times.
- Turn your head toward your left shoulder slowly and tilt your head up and toward the corner of the room where the wall and the ceiling meet as you breath out either through your nose or your mouth.
- Return your head to the front-facing position as you breathe out. Breathe in again.
- As you breathe out, turn your head toward your right shoulder and tilt your head upward toward the ceiling in right corner.
- Breathe out again as you return your head to the forward-facing position. Continue to turn and tilt your head for a total of 12 times (6 in each direction).
Gates of Consciousness (GB 20):
- Click on the illustrations above from Michael Reed Gach’s book, Acupressure’s Potent Points, to enlarge your view.
- Locate the acupressure point labeled GB 20.
- Press firmly on these two points for no less than a full minute. You may use these points as often during the day as necessary.
Benefits: This effective acupressure point relieves arthritis in the shoulders and neck. It will also alleviate a headache or a stiff neck.
Don’t forget to drink water at the end of your exercise session or any time you begin to feel thirsty. A Word of Caution…If you have or have had problems with your kidneys, please consult your physician.
Sign up for instant delivery of each new blog post to your email inbox by typing in your email address in the upper corner of the right hand column.
Keep the kids busy at Millicent’s blog: http://millicentmouse.wordpress.com
Featured item from the Healing Tai Chi Store:
Natural Remedies: http://www.all4naturalhealth.com/home-remedies-for-wrinkles.html
Click on the links below for sites that feature products for your fitness program or informative blogs to help you live a healthier life.
Find great deals on Tai Chi, Martial Arts, Yoga, Pilates and Feng Shui products at http://healingtaichi.com
Find brand name products for home exercise equipment at Exercise Equipment Super Store.
~The exercises in this blog are intended for educational purposes only. Always consult with your health care provider before beginning a new exercise program.~