Welcome to Healing T’ai Chi
…the award-winning blog of seated Tai Chi and Qigong exercises to balance mind, body and spirit for people of all ages and levels of fitness.
“Attain the ultimate emptiness
Hold on to the truest tranquility
The myriad things are all active
I therefore watch their return.”
Tao Te Ching #16:1, translated at http://www.Taoism.net
This is the same exercise as the one in the previous post. This time however, we are going to direct the ch’i or energy up the spine all the way to the crown of your head. Again, be sure to practice this exercise in a quiet area of your home where there will be no interruptions or distractions. Music is fine and- if you have one – a quiet tabletop fountain to aid your complete relaxation.
Dan tien through the spinal path to the crown of the head:
- Sit as usual with your feet flat on the floor, shoulder-width apart. Tuck your hips slightly underneath you so that your back is fully supported by the back of your chair.
- Breathe in slowly through your nose and visualize the energy rising up your spine and ending at the crown of your head.
- Breathe out slowly through your nose and allow the ch’i to return to the lower dan tien which is located 3 finger widths below your belly button in the middle of the body.
- Continue to repeat your breaths in and out slowly through your nose for no less that 12 times.
- When you are finished sit quietly allowing your energy to settle completely into the storage area in your lower abdomen.
- Click on the illustration above from the book, Acupressure’s Potent Points to enlarge your view.
- Find the acupressure point labeled CV 6 (Sea of Energy).
- Press firmly on this point for no less than a full minute.
Benefits: The Sea of Energy acupressure point is effective in relieving general weakness and fatigue and can also strengthen your lower back.
Don’t forget to drink water at the end of your exercise session or any time you begin to feel thirsty. A Word of Caution…If you have or have had problems with your kidneys, please consult your physician.
Sign up to receive new posts directly to your email inbox by filling out the form at the top of the right-hand column.
Keep your little ones busy with activities at http://millicentmouse.wordpress.com
Featured item from the Healing Tai Chi SuperStore: http://www.healingtaichi.com/blended-404276-B0036B8T3U-Breath_of_Life_Living_Well_with_COPD_Home_Use.html
Click on the links below for sites that feature products for your fitness program or informative blogs to help you live a healthier life.
Everyday low prices for your home gym at http://www.valufitness.com
~The exercises in this blog are intended for educational purposes only. Always consult with your health care provider before beginning a new exercise program.~