Healing T’ai Chi
…the award-winning blog of seated exercises based on Qigong and Tai Chi to balance mind, body and spirit for people of all ages and levels of fitness.
(sponsored by the Exercise Equipment Super Store and the Healing Tai Chi Store)
“Those who overcome others have strength
Those who overcome themselves are powerful.”
Tao Te Ching, #33:2, translated by www.Taoism.net
Breathing with your back:
- Sit as usual with your feet flat on the floor, shoulder-width apart, hips tucked slightly under.
- Hold both hands on your lower abdomen so that you can be sure you’re breathing from the correct area.
- Breathe in through your nose slowly and thoughtfully as you expand your lower abdomen and your lower back. If you can’t tell if your back is expanding at first, visualize the movement and after a few practices you’ll begin to feel your back moving outward.
- Continue to breathe in through your nose, expanding your back and abdomen and then contracting both as you breathe out slowly through your mouth.
- You can use this breathing exercise as often during the day as you wish. it is particularly helpful before bedtime or when you are especially stressed.
- Locate the acupressure point labeled Lu 9 by clicking on the illustration above from Michael Reed Gach’s book, Acupressure’s Potent Points to enlarge your view. This point is called the Great Abyss.
- Press firmly on this point for a full minute. You may change hands and repeat the process for another full minute.
Benefits: This potent acupressure point will help relieve lung problems such as coughing and asthma.
Don’t forget to drink water at the end of your exercise session or any time you begin to feel thirsty. A Word of Caution…If you have or have had problems with your kidneys, please consult your physician.
Download your free e-book here:
Don’t forget to sign up for our posts to be emailed directly to your inbox by filling out the form in the right-hand column at the top of the page.
If you are a parent or a grandparent, please invite your child to log on by themselves (it is absolutely G rated!) or help them to log on to Millicent Mouse’s blog at this link: http://millicentmouse.wordpress.com.
There are new posts each week about ballet and ballet classes for young children. Each week there is a new video of children in class or performing and a picture that you can print out for your little one to color.
Save 26% on this book at the Healing Tai Chi Super Store:
This week’s featured site/blog:
Natural remedies for Parkinson’s: http://www.regenerativenutrition.com/natural-supplements-cure-parkinsons-disease.asp
Click on the links below for sites that feature products for your fitness program or informative blogs to help you live a healthier life:
Find great deals on Tai Chi, Martial Arts, Yoga, Pilates and Feng Shui products at http://healingtaichi.com
Find brand name products for home exercise equipment at Exercise Equipment Super Store.
Everyday low prices for your home gym at http://www.valufitness.com