Healing T’ai Chi
…the award-winning blog of seated Qigong and T’ai Chi exercises to balance mind, body and spirit for people of all ages and levels of fitness.
(sponsored by the Exercise Equipment Super Store and the Healing Tai Chi Store)
“Gold and jade fill up the room
No one is able to protect them
Wealth and position bring arrogance
And leave disasters upon oneself
When achievement is completed, fame is attained
This is the Tao of Heaven.”
Tao Te ching #9, translated by www.Taoism.net
In the next several postings we will concentrate on feet and ankles, loosening and strengthening this area. As we age, we tend to lose flexibility in our lower extremities. Sometimes circulation to our feet and ankles is not sufficient to nourish muscles, bones and tendons which can result in a loss of balance and severe pain when walking.
- Sit as usual with your back fully supported by the back of the chair, legs shoulder-width apart and tucked closely to your chair for better leverage.
- Breathe in slowly through your nose and, as you breathe out through your mouth, roll up on the balls of your feet as far over on your toes as possible.
- Continue to breathe in and out 3 more times and then bring your heels slowly down to the floor. Repeat for at least 12 more rolls. If you get a cramp in your toes or your calves, lower your feet immediately and reduce how far up you lift your heels.
- Click on the illustration above to enlarge your view. Find the point labeled “toe” toward the inside and upper part of your ear.
- Massage this point for a full minute and then press firmly on the point for another minute.
- You may change sides and repeat on your other ear if you wish.
Don’t forget to drink water at the end of your exercise session or any time you begin to feel thirsty. A Word of Caution…If you have or have had problems with your kidneys, please consult your physician.
Download your free e-book: http://www.scribd.com/doc/9529497/20Minutes-a-Day-to-Energy-and-Health
This week’s featured blog/site:
Find great deals on home exercise equipment at the Exercise Equipment Super Store.