Healing T’ai Chi
…the award-winning blog of seated exercises based on Qigong and Tai Chi to balance mind, body and spirit for people of all ages and levels of fitness.
(sponsored by Exercise Equipment Super Store)
“Who can be muddled yet desist
In stillness gradually become clear?
Who can be serene yet persist
In motion gradually come alive?”
In this series of exercises we are concentrating on movements that will stimulate, energize and massage our internal organs. We tend to ignore these important organsin spite of the fact that the health of each of them is vital to our overall well-being. None of the exercises are geared to one particular organ – all are benefitted by the movements and oxygenated by the specific breathing pattern that we have been practicing.
Brushing Tree Trunk:
- Extend your arms and reach for the ceiling while you breathe in slowly expanding your diaphragm.
- Swing your right arm down across your chest to the left side as you breathe slowly out through your mouth. The left arm remains stretched upward.
- Turn your head so that you are looking over your shoulder to the right and upward.
- Begin breathing in again as you straighten and lift your right arm back up and stretched toward the ceiling.
- Breathe out and swing your left arm across your chest, leaving your right arm stretched high. Tilt your head so that you are looking up and over your left shoulder.
- Breathe in again and return to yoru original position both arms stretched toward the ceiling. Continue alternating right and left for 6 to 12 repetitions.
Reflexology for the instestines:
You can find the small intestine spot on the bottom of your foot about 3 finger-widths above your heel pad. It is the outside of your foot about one thumb-width from the outer edge.
Massage the area in a circular motion with your thumb for a few seconds and then press firmly for about 60 seconds. You may repeat on the same foot and/or change feet and massage and press firmly for the same amount of time.
Don’t forget to drink water at the end of your exercise session or any time you begin to feel thirsty. A Word of Caution…If you have or have had problems with your kidneys, please consult your physician.
This week’s featured site/blog:
Find great deals on home exercise equipment at the Exercise Equipment Super Store.