“The Tao is called the Great Mother:
empty yet inexhaustible,
it gives birth to infinite worlds.”
Tao Te Ching #6, Translated by S. Mitchell
Healing T’ai Chi Exercise #39
The following exercise stimulates physical energy from the lower dan tien. Accumulating Treasures can be used before any exercise session. However, if you have had abdominal surgery or are pregnant, don’t try this exercise until you check with your physician.
Benefits – This exercise stimulates the physical ch’i stored in your lower dan tien and relaxes and invigorates the organs in your abdomen.
Posture – Sit comfortably with your feet flat on the floor shoulder-width apart. Tuck your hips under you so that your back is flat against the back of your chair to allow the energy to move freely up and down your spine.
- Begin by rubbing your hands together briskly.
- Put your hands against your abdomen preferably on bare skin or over thin fabric. Let the warmth sink in.
- As you exhale, move your hands slowly downward toward your pubic bone.
- Inhale and move your hands slowly upward until you reach the bottom rib of your rib cage.
- Continue moving your hands slowly downward and then upward for a full minute.
Use the Sea of Energy (CV6) pressure point to enhance your exercise session.
- Find this pressure point 2 finger widths below your navel.
- Press firmly on this point for 30 to 60 seconds while breathing slowly in through your nose and out through your mouth.
Benefits: This point is beneficial for digestive problems, abdominal pain. It will relieve gas, constipation and lower back pain.
Note. Do not use this point if you are pregnant or have had abdominal surgery recently. As always, consult your physician before using acupressure or beginning a new fitness program.
Don’t forget to drink water at the end of your exercise session or any time you begin to feel thirsty. A Word of Caution…If you have or have had problems with your kidneys, please consult your physician regarding the amount of water appropriate for your condition.
Are you interested in starting a blog or setting up a website to sell a product or service? If so, visit this week’s featured site: http://www.TheWebHostCompany.com
Related Health Topics and Fitness Products:
- Find great deals on home exercise equipment at the Exercise Equipment Super Store.
- T’ai Chi in a Chair: Easy 15-Minute Routines for Beginners is now available exclusively at Barnes and Noble.
- Click on this link for great fitness ideas: Health Tips.
- More great fitness and health ideas: The Health Shack.
- Thinking of going on a diet? Try this link: Best Diets.
- For information on Reiki and other alternative/holistic health issues, click on this link: Phylameana lila Desy.
- How is your posture? Check it out at Posture Exercises.
- For all things T’ai Chi click on this link: American Society of Internal Arts.
- Best bookmarking and blog search site on the web: Technorati.
- For information on child and adult Attention Deficit Disorder, click on this link: http://www.attention-deficit-disorder.net/
- For many articles on general healthful practices, click on http://healthpromotiontips.com/
Other Informative Sites and Blogs:
~The exercises in this blog are intended for educational purposes only. Always consult with your health care provider before beginning a new exercise program.~