“After a time of decay comes the turning point.
The powerful light that has been banished returns.”
Healing T’ai Chi Exercise #30
While doing this exercise, picture yourself pulling threads one by one out of a piece of cloth. At the same time you are pulling the imaginary threads, you are pulling the energy or ch’i from the lower dan tien through the center of your body and up to the level of your eyes.
Illustration by Jane Ramsey
Benefits – This exercise will tone your arms. Your eye muscles will also benefit if you follow the action of your hands as they move up and down.
Posture – Sit with your feet shoulder-width apart. Tuck your hips under so that your back is flat against the chair. This position will allow the energy to flow down your spine unimpeded.
Curl your left hand to form a bird beak with all fingers touching your thumb, wrist bent downward.
Breathe in slowly as you raise your arm to the level of your eyes. Remember to follow the movement of your hand with your eyes.
Begin breathing out slowly through your mouth as you return your hand to knee level, the heel of your hand leading downward.
Repeat the movement 9 times with your left hand and then change to your right hand.
The thymus is a mass of glandular tissue related to the endocrine system and the first gland to develop in the fetus. It is responsible for the later and continuing development of the entire immune system.
Run your finger along your collarbone until you locate the V directly above the breastbone.
Half a finger width below that V you will feel a small depression. The thymus gland is located behind the hollow.
Press your index or middle finger firmly on this spot and hold for at least 60 seconds. You may also circle your finger clockwise on this point for the same amount of time.
Benefits: Use this point frequently to ward off illness and to keep the body vigorous and youthful.
Don’t forget to drink water at the end of your exercise session or any time you begin to feel thirsty. A Word of Caution…If you have or have had problems with your kidneys, please consult your physician regarding the amount of water appropriate for your condition.
This week’s featured blog: http://losangelesliposuction.wordpress.com/2008/09/06/liposuction-options/
Other Related Health Topics and Fitness Products:
- Find great deals on home exercise equipment at the Exercise Equipment Super Store.
- T’ai Chi in a Chair: Easy 15-Minute Routines for Beginners is now available exclusively at Barnes and Noble.
- Click on this link for great fitness ideas: Health Tips.
- More great fitness and health ideas: The Health Shack.
- Thinking of going on a diet? Try this link: Best Diets.
- For information on Reiki and other alternative/holistic health issues, click on this link: Phylameana lila Desy.
- How is your posture? Check it out at Posture Exercises.
- For all things T’ai Chi click on this link: American Society of Internal Arts.
- Best bookmarking and blog search site on the web: Technorati.
- For information on child and adult Attention Deficit Disorder, click on this link: http://www.attention-deficit-disorder.net/
- For many articles on general healthful practices, click on http://healthpromotiontips.com/
Other Informative Sites and Blogs:
~The exercises in this blog are intended for educational purposes only. Always consult with your health care provider before beginning a new exercise program.~